Is a PriorFire Retrofit Fireplace Right for Your Living Space?
The PriorFire Retrofit Fireplace System’s elements are precut and shipped as a “kit.” It is assembled onsite inside your existing setup. Its distinctive design, materials, and the incorporation of the “Air Wing” over-fire air injection system result in superior heat production, reduced emissions, and captivating tall flames.
Why Is This a Superior Option?
- It excels in cleaner burning thanks to the “Air Wing” shape on the back wall.
- This system efficiently resolves clearance issues as it is UL listed as zero clearance to combustibles when combined with 4″ nominal masonry.
- It offers a versatile fit, fitting into most residential fireplaces with ease.
- It has the flexibility to adjust to larger depth and interior width by removing the firebox’s rear and side walls before installation.
- One of its standout features is its ability to produce 2-3 times more heat than an average masonry fireplace.
Will My Firebox Require Demolition?
Some demolition of the firebox is often necessary in the installation process. In typical installations, this involves the removal of the back wall of the existing firebox, as well as the damper frame.
Additionally, in some cases, it might be prudent to remove parts of the side walls to ensure a proper and secure fit for the new unit. While the extent of the demolition may vary depending on your specific fireplace setup, it’s important to understand that these adjustments are made to accommodate the unique design and dimensions of the PriorFire system.
While this might sound like a complex task, rest assured that the process is manageable and well within reach for our technicians. Before long, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of improved heating efficiency, aesthetics, and overall fireplace performance.
Reach Out With Your Questions
The ins-and-outs of fireplace renovation, design, installation, care, and maintenance aren’t always straightforward. If you need assistance on the journey to your perfect fireplace, give us a call or reach out to our certified technicians online now. We’re here to help!